University Hospital Bristol & Weston NHS Trust are looking to recruit a dynamic and experienced registered nurse on the bank to support the existing team in providing community testing and treatment of Hepatitis C.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be expected to work autonomously. The post holder will be expected to work closely with community agencies supporting the homeless population to set up screening events for Blood Bourne Viruses, offer fibroscans with appropriate referrals made for patients who requiring treatment or re-engagement with the Hepatology services.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as ‘Good’ overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds; city living within a stone’s throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we’re meeting our pledge.
10 March 2023
Agenda for change
£41,659 to £47,672 a year paid per hour, 0 hours contact
Bristol Royal Infirmary
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.
Knowledge and Experience
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice particularly within speciality area
- Substantial current speciality experience
- Significant relevant clinical experience
- Evidence of recent teaching experience
- Experience of undertaking research or audit projects
- Experience and knowledge of advanced practice/protocols
Qualifications and Training
- <li Level
- 1st Degree in nursing or health related subject
- Current NMC Registration
- Relevant accredited post registration at level 3
- Evidence of masters level academic study or willingness to work towards Masters (in relevant health related subject)
- Qualification in Teaching and Assessing
- Management qualification
- Non-Medical Prescribing
Skills and Abilities
- Highly effective communication skills – verbally and written to staff, patients and relatives including in situations of conflict or distress
- Able to gain credibility with and influence colleagues including influencing clinical changes where appropriate
- Strong organisational skills – prioritising complex situations
- Clinical expert in defined area of work
- Demonstrates ability to implement and utilise audit data to improve quality
- The ability to lead and influence change
- Able to advise on and implement improvements to the quality and efficiency of care for patients
- Flexibility, adaptability to meet needs of a changing service
- Ability to act as facilitator, mentor and supervisor to colleagues
- Ability to cope with emotional issues presented in the course of work, and to support others
- Information technology skills
- Knowledge of national and local specialty specific issues
- Commitment to the development and provision of high quality nursing care
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Bank Operational Delivery Network (ODN) Nurse job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally