To primarily transport clinicians to the homes of patients in order to provide medical assistance. The post holder will also be responsible for the maintenance of the vehicle during each shift. At all times drivers must carry out duties in a safe and legal manner ensuring that all vehicles are maintained and driven within current driving regulations and codes, principally the Road Traffic Act and Highway Code.
Main duties of the job
To be responsible for the vehicle checks at the commencement and end of shifts to ensure that the vehicles are roadworthy and fully equipped. This involves the following duties:
– Ensuring the car has adequate fuel for the shift. When necessary, re-fuelling the car using the company fuel card.
– Responsibility for safely loading and unloading the appropriate medical equipment and supplies in the vehicle that may be required by the mobile clinician and driver, whilst adhering to all manual handling guidelines.
– Completing the drivers check list at the start of each shift ensuring all necessary equipment/supplies are available and functional in the car.
– Maintaining the cleanliness and general upkeep of the vehicles and report any faults immediately to the Shift Manager and completing the fault notification sheet.
To drive the clinician to patients’ homes / place of residence safely and within the current road and traffic act regulations noting that this is not an emergency service and speed limits and laws in accordance with the Highway Code must be followed at all times. Responsibilities include:
– Accurately recording all call details of visits, returning all Driver Log sheets to base at end of shift.
– Driving deliveries to other destinations at the request of the Shift Manager. This may include delivering supplies, prescriptions, medication, etc between sites.
We run an exciting range of Primary Care Services including the SevernSide Urgent Care Service, GP Practices, and the Homeless Health Service. This enable BrisDoc to offer excellent healthcare 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to over 1 million patients across Bristol, North Somerset & South Glos.
We are a ‘Social Enterprise’ and an ‘Employee-Owned Business’ – this means the decisions we make, are for the good of our patients, workforce, and wider community. This involves prioritising the health of our patients, protecting our environment, focusing on equality, diversity, and inclusion, looking after the health & wellbeing of our team, and improving the social and economic status of our population.
We are proud to be an organisation that ‘gives back’. Our BrisDoc ‘Community Fund’ is a staff-led team which works closely with health-based charitable causes, both local and international, to invest time and money to improve lives in disadvantaged communities.
By joining BrisDoc, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary organisation that prides itself on being a fantastic place to work; somewhere that you will feel valued, supported, developed and part of a family. We strive to make sure every member of the team feels proud of the work they do and the services that we offer.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team
06 March 2023
to an hour depending on hours worked
Urgent Care Driver
Unit 21 Osprey Court
To be responsible for the vehicle checks at the commencement and end of shifts to ensure that the vehicles are roadworthy and fully equipped. This involves the following duties:Ensuring the car has adequate fuel for the shift. When necessary, re-fuelling the car using the company fuel card.Responsibility for safely loading and unloading the appropriate medicalequipment and supplies in the vehicle that may be required by the mobileclinician and driver, whilst adhering to all manual handling guidelines.Completing the drivers check list at the start of each shift ensuring all necessary equipment/supplies are available and functional in the car. If the checks cannot be completed for any reason, to communicate thisto the Shift Manager on duty as soon as possible.Maintaining the cleanliness and general upkeep of the vehicles and report any faults immediately to the Shift Manager and completing the fault notification sheet.Reporting any incidents which occur including accidents in the car or loss of equipment at the end of the shift before handing over to the next shift.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good standard of education to GCSE or equivalent
- equivalent Essential Application and Interview Full Driving License with no more than 3 points
- Experience of working in healthcare / NHS
- Experience of driving for other employers
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Urgent Care Driver job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally