This is a fixed term/secondment vacancy until 31/03/2024
If you are an internal applicant this post will only be offered on a secondment basis and you will need to have gained your line managers approval for the secondment prior to going to interview.
The post holder will be a key professional member of the multi-professional Youth Health Team (also known as the ‘Iechyd Da’ team) which works with vulnerable young people up to 25 years of age across the county of Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion, who are not in school.
The post holder will maintain collaborative working relationships with a variety of agencies that may be working with vulnerable or at-risk young people, and will play a key role in a number of multi-agency operational groups within Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion, representing Hywel Dda University Health Board on health issues for vulnerable children and young people.
Main duties of the job
The purpose of the Youth Health Team is to promote equality of access to health information and advice, including 1:1 support of individual young people, prevention of health inequalities, and the positive promotion of health through workshops and community events.
These are delivered in a range of settings wider curriculum venues, training providers, housing options for homeless young people or care-leavers, Higher and Further Education venues, youth and community groups, and is particularly aimed at young people who are vulnerable those who are not in mainstream education, those who are NEET (not in education, employment or training), Looked After Children and young people and care leavers, those who are supported by the Youth Offending Prevention Service, and those who are homeless or vulnerably housed.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Interviews will be held on 27/03/23
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
- Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest;
- Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire; Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion; and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire;
- 48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres;
- Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services;
- Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.
07 March 2023
Agenda for change
£33,706 to £40,588 a year per annum
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Get instant access to our financial wellbeing benefit Wagestream. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 50% of the money youve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Registered Nurse/Midwife / Health Visitor/ RMN
- Currently registered with NMC
- Can demonstrate knowledge of sexual health, substance misuse, emotional health and other issues relevant to young people to postgraduate diploma level
- Teaching Qualification
- Training /Qualification in relevant subject ie emotional health, sexual health, substance misuse
- Relevant experience at Band 5/6 level
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of managing own caseload
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working in partnership with other agencies
- Experience of working with Looked After Children
- Experience of working with children with Physical or Learning Disabilities
- Experience of working with children on the Child Protection Register Teaching experience
- Welsh Speaker (Level 1)
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Youth Liaison Nurse, Iechyd Da Youth Health Team job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally