Morgan Hunt are working with a large Housing Association who are looking to recruit a Housing and Wellbeing Assistant for their service in St. Helens. This is a temporary post with shifts being offered on a monthly ad hoc basis. Candidates will be expected to be available to cover shifts ranging from 07:45 -22:00, including weekends.
Our client provides high quality support services to individuals and families across multiple supported accommodation services. The service in St. Helens supports women aged 16 – 55 who are homeless.
The role – Housing and Wellbeing Assistant
As a Housing and Wellbeing Assistant you will be required to;
- Aid or guide to customers; supporting them to manage their own support needs, develop their independent living skills and follow the conditions of their occupancy agreement.
- Take appropriate, immediate action in emergency situations, contacting the necessary emergency services and effectively managing the situation, seeking peer/manager support, as necessary.
- Report any concerns about any customer(s) welfare in accordance with the correct processes.
- Ensure safeguarding concerns are dealt with promptly, and appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure the health & safety of the building by completing relevant checks, including fire alarm testing, identifying, and reporting communal repairs.
- Performing cleaning duties of all communal areas and void properties once a customer has moved out.
- Prepare breakfast for a small number of customers daily, and to prepare dinner on an ad hoc basis for a small number of customers, in the absence of the cook.
The candidate – Housing and Wellbeing Assistant
The successful candidate will have;
- Demonstratable experience of supporting vulnerable people in a supported housing or similar setting.
- Experience of providing a customer facing, front line service in a busy environment.
- Experience / awareness of safeguarding.
- Experience of working alone and using initiative to achieve positive outcomes.
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to work a number of different shift patterns.
- The ability to use a variety of IT systems as part of a daily role.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to hold an Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months or on the update service.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Housing and Wellbeing Assistant job in Sale, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally