Supported Housing Officer
Our client, a leading Bradford charity are looking to recruit Supported Housing Officers that will join their team supporting two of their support services. This role requires excellent communication and organisational skills, and previous experience working with vulnerable groups or experience in re-housing and rehabilitation.
- The post holder is responsible for providing a dual function of housing related support and intensive housing management to service users who are accommodated
- To provide and promote practical help and support to service users in order to assist in the development of their life skills and enable them to secure independent accommodation i.e. become secure tenants with landlords and/or look at alternative move-on accommodation routes
- To provide emotional support to men and women who have had short prison sentences with the aim of enabling them to develop the skills and become tenancy ready
- All clients will receive the key working and group support that helps them to break their cycle of re-offending and helps them focus on raising their quality of life, giving them options to pursue personal goals, aspirations and choices
- To take referrals from Prison and other institutions to prevent people leaving prison becoming homeless or re-offending
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working directly with vulnerable people, in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Experience of working in either residential, supported housing
- Good level of literacy to write clear and accurate reports
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety regulations relevant to residential services
- Working knowledge on the rehabilitation of offenders
- To possess computer literacy skills, ability to use word processing, internet and e-mail
- Ability to deal with crisis situations in a calm and rational manner
- A good understanding of welfare and housing benefits
- Ability to work flexibly and cover shifts at short notice including night shifts in an emergency
22,000 per annum Monday to Friday 35 hours per week flexible between the hours of 9am and 6.30pm
Holiday 20 days SBH
Enhanced DBS required.
Full and clean driving license own vehicle
For more information about this opportunity please apply now or call Sally or Joanna at Headway Recruitment.
Headway Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Headway Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to a policy of diversity, equality and inclusion.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Supported Housing Officer job in Bradford, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally