Do you want to help build a brighter future for communities and individuals in Ipswich doing a highly rewarding job. Turning Points drug & alcohol services are currently expanding during a really exciting time in the sector with new funding and investment. We have a range of roles for people passionate about supporting others to make change.
We have roles in different teams including:
- Community based treatment services: providing assessment, coordinating treatment and working partnership to support individuals. The roles include delivering structured psycho-social interventions in group and one to one level to enable our service users to acquire thinking skills and behaviours to make lasting change.
- Homeless outreach provision: Targeting homeless individuals, offering a flexible and outreach response to highly vulnerable individuals sleeping rough or living in temporary accommodation
- Criminal Justice rehabilitation/recovery services: working closely with the Probation Services, Prisons and Police to provide a rapid, tailored response to individuals that support their recovery and rehabilitation
Recovery workers act as key workers to a caseload of service users, supporting them to decide their goals around treatment and develop plans to achieve these.
You will primarily be working with Criminal Justice Clients whore historically vulnerable and hard to engage. One of the main aims of this position is encouraging people from this client group into treatment.
Main duties of the job
The role includes maintaining regular contact with your clients, offering advice, information and psycho-social interventions as well as providing assessments, risk management planning and working closely with our clinical staff around prescribing needs and partner agencies. No day is the same in this role but an ability to communicate effectively with a range or service users and colleagues, an ability to manage different tasks and a commitment to Turning Point values are essential. You may have lived experience of substance misuse/mental health/homelessness (self or a significant other), come with experience supporting people in health and social care or just have a keen interest in supporting this group; if your values are right, we have a role for everyone.
As a Criminal Justice Recovery Worker we offer a starting salary of £23k rising each year in line with our pay progression salary bands, rising to £27k per on experience you may be offered astarting salary above the initial starting salary).
You will have opportunities to progress your career with a structured learning journey and clearly defined career pathways that will enable you to achieve your long term goals and work to your strengths.
Whether you are looking to progress into a management and leadership role or to be a specialist in your field as an Advanced Substance Misuse Practitioner at Turning point we will support and encourage you on your career journey.
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don’t just offer you a job we offer you a career.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we areable to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
(Please see attached Role Profile)
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future were proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. Youll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to u
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!