The Organization Design Lead facilitates the development of the detailed HR Organization Design and Talent strategy activities. This development is necessary to implement the future state Global People Organization structure needed to achieve the people strategy and business outcomes!
This design lead is accountable for partnering with the 3rd party vendor Organization Design Lead and Global People leadership to define and size the jobs and teams in accordance with the HR Operating Model blueprint and Business Case. The Organization Design Lead will engage with the Talent Management on the Workforce transition plan and activities required to shift into the future state Global People Organization structure.
Please note: This post is aligned with US requirements and is in accordance with US hiring practices.
- Use data and analytics to make decisions on Organization Design leading practices, ensuring a solution is aligned to the design parameters, operating model principles and business case
- Understand customer requirements and define the Key Performance Indicators that are critical for quality tracking and evaluation of Organization Design implementation
- Review the to-be Business Process Design to understand organization/role impacts, and create Role Descriptions for retained organization
- Design the jobs and teams including mapping jobs to roles, defining skills requirements, and designing teams and reporting relationships
- Define the to-be skills/knowledge requirements for the affected workforce and the characteristics of the current workforce
- Design and conduct a Skills Assessment to measure the baseline skills of the affected workforce, and create a plan to close the gap between current and required skills
- Align the performance objectives, behaviors, and incentives with the Job Designs and Team Designs
- Identify the critical/redundant jobs and develop/support the execution of the Job Sourcing Plan to achieve the business objectives
- Develop the competency model and role descriptions
- Develop the organization transition approach to help the organization implement the planned changes
- Support the organization throughout its transition
- Experience with organizational design, talent management and implementation of new organizational structures for a large-scale transformation
- Demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Strong leadership skills; operates as a global leader with understanding and appreciation for regional differences
- Experience working within a matrix organization with multiple functions (operations, commercial, finance, procurement, etc.)
- Interact with senior leaders and able to effectively facilitate clients, speak with confidence and manage multiple client priorities
The successful applicant can expect to travel internationally / domestically regularly.