GP Medical Lead for Luther Street Medical Centre required
We are delighted to offer this fantastic opportunity for a GP to join Luther Street Medical Centre (LSMC) and work as the designated medical lead.
LSMC is our unique and award-winning GP surgery which provides primary care services to adults experiencing homelessness in Oxford City. The practice cares for around 500 adult patients from a city centre building and achieves its success via a multi – disciplinary team which includes GP’s, practice nurses, mental health practitioners, social prescribers, Turning Point (Oxfordshire drug and alcohol treatment service), dentistry, podiatry, acupuncture and volunteers. The clinical team is well supported by excellent administrative and management teams, allowing our GP’s and clinicians to concentrate on their clinical work.
If you are a GP looking for an interesting role or a new challenge that mixes clinical and leadership responsibilities, and have experience of working as a GP partner or in other medical leadership roles, this opportunity may be of interest to you.
Main duties of the job
The work you will do will make a significant contribution to the lives of this small but vulnerable patient group. Being part of a larger corporate organisation, you can draw upon significant clinical and operational resource allowing you to really focus on medically leading the service.
Working in this role comes with the following additional benefits:
- 3 days per week (no weekend or out of hours commitments): 2 days clinical and 1 day management, admin and CPD
- Salary £104,000 FTE (pro rata for part time)
- NHS Pension
- CPD allowance
- Generous Annual leave and study leave allowances (including access to an individual study leave budget)
- 20 minute appointments with catch up slots including admin
- Opportunities for teaching and mentoring clinical staff, for personal development and for working across our other clinical services if desired
- Opportunities to undertake Quality Improvement, research, and other innovation projects, with strong academic links to the two Oxford Universities
- Strong support from the senior management team
Appointment to this post is subject to the trust receiving satisfactory references covering 3 years of employment or study. Please ask your referees to respond promptly to reference requests.
Employees are expected to undertake mandatory and statutory training related to their role.
We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community, regardless of gender, race, faith, disability, age or sexual orientation and we encourage applications from users of mental health services. This is part of our commitment to equality and reflecting the diversity of our population.
28 April 2023
Hospital medical and dental staff
Doctor – other
£104,000 a year Pro rata
Luther St Medical Centre
Oxford Health is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please refer to JD and PS attached for more information.
- oFull GMC registration with license to practice
- oAt least 3 years experience of working as a GP in primary care
- oPrevious experience in senior medical leadership roles (Lead GP/Partner)
- oManagement qualification
- Previous experience working with the homeless population
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).