Morgan Hunt is delighted to be working with a social enterprise that offers a unique and exciting opportunity to support an innovative programme delivering Homelessness Prevention services to Young People across Greater Manchester.
This is a 3-year homelessness prevention programme for Young People across Greater Manchester and has been designed for those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Through coaching, it enables young people to overcome any challenges that are impacting their accommodation. Priority is given to people aged 18 – 25 and over the duration of the programme, the aim is to support 1250 young people across all boroughs of Greater Manchester through specialist local delivery projects.
The role – Private Rented Sector Engagement Officer
The project works across Greater Manchester to prevent young people from becoming homeless. The purpose the Private Rented Sector Engagement Officer is to increase access to private sector accommodation to improve the opportunities for participants to find suitable and settled accommodation. The focus of your role will be to work across Greater Manchester to build relationships with private landlords to improve access to this type of accommodation for all the front-line delivery teams across the project.
What will you be accountable for?
* Increased numbers of landlords wanting to work with the project.
* Relationships are formed to make a seamless working partnership with landlords and partners to create the best housing and support pathways.
* Delivery partner teams are supported to develop their understanding of the housing options available to participants.
* Ensuring that new procured property is a suitable housing standard.
* Liaising with existing private sector teams within local authorities to build relationships and improve partnership working.
* Point of contact for staff who want to access deposit or guarantor scheme.
* Attending relevant landlord networking events to explain the project and the incentives that can be offered to private landlords.
* Maintaining contact with landlords during the tenancy to ensure they are happy with the service provided.
* Involvement with marketing and promotional events to raise profile and widen reach of the programme as and when required.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
* Desire to support a unique impact-led project.
* Innovative and solution focus approach to work
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with landlords, letting agents and other stakeholders.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Problem-solving skills
* Good analytical skills
* The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Team working skills.
* Written and verbal communication skills
* Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
* Experience of building and maintaining relationships with landlords and lettings agents in the private rented sector
* Driving licence and access to a car
This is a full time, permanent role working flexibly from home / office.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual’s skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.