In our newly established GP Support Unit, we are looking for a for Patient Records Coordinator to cover 12 months maternity leave. The General Practice Support Unit (GPSU) encompasses all of the functions of Primary Care that supports the interaction between patients and health care professionals and ensures we can deliver care to our patients. This is an administrative function that will support both of our Bedfordshire surgeries based in Leighton Buzzard and Bedford.
Main duties of the job
You will be working in a busy and demanding environment and therefore need to be highly organised. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in General Practice preferably with scanning, coding and summarising knowledge and an understanding of SystmOne, excellent organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills with exceptional attention to detail. Duties will include:
Monitor and process all incoming electronic letters via SystmOne.
Scan on all incoming letters and assign them to the Patients Medical Record.
Summarise and Read code all incoming letters in accordance with Trust Policy.
Process and assign all documents to the relevant Clinician in accordance to Trust Policy.
Responsible for all Patients Medical Record are kept to a high standard ensuring all newdiagnosis or changes of diagnosis are up to date.
Monitoring and updating all new Patient Medical Records.
Summarise and input all clinical data from Lloyds Georges.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people’s lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive – so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
02 May 2023
Agenda for change
£21,730 to £23,177 a year Per annum
PC GP Support Unit
1 Leighton Rd
Please for further information kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
- General standard of education, minimum 3 GCSEs – grades C or above, or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 in relevant subject area, or equivalent
- Must be computer literate
- Evidence of commitment to on-going personal and professional development
- To be able to use Systm One (although training will be given)
- Medical Terminology Level 1 and 2 Certification
- Summarising Medical records Certification
- Readcode and QOF Certification
- Significant experience of dealing with the general public
- Customer services skills
- Some experience of office administration
- Experience of working within a primary care environment
- Experience of summarising, access to medical record and non NHS work within a primary care environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and verbally
- Good letter writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with tact and diplomacy
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- High degree of accuracy in recording information
- Good time management skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- IT skills (including proficient use of Microsoft Office and other packages for word processing, database work, email and internet)
- Committed to quality and customer satisfaction
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Should possess a sensitivity and understanding of the differing needs of our homeless client group
- Will require the ability to handle difficult situations
- Must be able to observe and maintain strict confidentiality
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to adapt to change
- Willing and able to work evening and Saturday shifts
- Awareness of and commitment to equality and diversity
- Pocket Qi training
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Patient Records Coordinator – Band 3 job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally