Job Title: Move on Support Worker
Assignment: 2-3 months (possible extension).
Rota: Monday to Sunday – Early: 08:30-17:00 & Late 12:30-21:00
Maximum 2 weekends a month
Pay: 13.50 – 17.50 per hour
We are looking for three Support Workers to join our client’s Homeless Assessment hub in Hackney! In this role you will be supporting clients at the assessment hub, readying them for move on and helping clients to obtain longer term accommodation. The service supports clients who have been referred by the local authority and outreach teams. The aim is to assess clients, provide support for their needs and find accommodation for them within a 28-day period. This is not always possible due to the complex nature of move on, but the service plays a pivotal role in the lives of many homeless people.
This is a fantastic opportunity for people who are looking to further their social care career and gain more experience supporting homeless people.
The successful candidate will:
- Carrying out and updating needs and risks Assessments
- Accompanying clients to appointments
- Helping clients get ID if they do not have it already
- Assisting with benefits applications
- Ensuring all clients are receiving the benefits they are eligible for
- Help clients set up bank accounts
- Liaising with Outreach and Move on teams
- Liaise with external agencies such as GP, Drug and alcohol charity and mental health teams
To be successful in this role:
- Having sound knowledge on benefits, universal credit and right to work
- Possess great client interaction skills
- Working with other agencies,
- Need to be organised and be able to manage your own diary
- Must be IT literate, able to type up documents efficiently
- Possess housing knowledge and knowledge of the entitlement homeless clients have under different housing laws/ acts
- Possess experience and knowledge of the Homeless Reduction Act
If you are interested, please apply ASAP, this position is going to be a popular opportunity!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.