Are you looking to start an exciting and rewarding new career as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP)?
Do you have a Level 5 Qualification: A Diploma of Higher Education, foundation degree, higher national diploma, level 5 award, or a level 5 certificate, diploma, or NVQ?
Or do you have GCSEs Grade C or above in Maths and English (alternatively L2 Maths and English functional skills) and can evidence this with certificates?
This is a fantastic opportunity for those without an honours degree who are passionate about improving the lives of people with common mental health difficulties. If you have relevant life experience, are looking to make a career change and wish to contribute to the local community, this is the role for you.
The Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner Apprenticeship programme is a way in which people who may not have attended University, can study and work within a mental health service gaining both theory and practice and resulting in a professional qualification, without having had to study at degree level in the first place.
The studies at University of Exeter are planned to be remote however due to national directives this may change and require some face-to-face sessions that would be offered in London, Bristol or Exeter. The placement days with Everyturn Talking Therapies are planned to be remote, we would welcome applicants from the local area the team covers of Kent and Medway.
Main duties of the job
You will spend two days per week studying at Exeter University, where you will be taught by experts to deliver evidenced based psychological therapies for clients with anxiety and depression disorders. The remaining three days will be spent working with our skilled team of clinicians within our Kent & Medway service, to develop your new skills and gain experience. This split is to make the links between theory and practice, something that will help you in your career and personal development; If offered employment the successful candidates would then need to submit a formal application to University of Exeter admissions.; A conditional post would be offered subject to university application.
This is a developmental post and suitable candidates are provided with intensive training and supervision to work in the Apprenticeship PWP role and will study on the Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner Apprenticeship, Final awards: Level 6 Graduate Certificate; with Exeter University. The course is 15 months; long, beginning September 2023, plus will require successful completion of an End Point Assessment conducted by a third party to assess core practical competencies; If you hold a Level 6 qualification then the trainee PWP route may be more suited to you.
Were a non-profit, working on behalf of the NHS and local authorities. Were dedicated to supporting people and communities across the country with their mental health. Were here so no one has to struggle alone.
What we offer in return
We are proud to have been recognised and certified as a Great Place to Work, which speaks volumes on how much we value our staff members. In return for the hard work and dedication from our teams, we offer the following benefits:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 32 days at 5 years service) and the option to purchase or sell day
- Enhanced pension
- Wagestream-ability torelease earnings, giving youinstant access to your pay
- Refer a Friend payment
- Cycle to work & enhanced car schemes
- Vitality Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistant Programme, GP and priority physiotherapy access and shopping discounts with the opportunity to sign up for a Blue Light Card
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance including agile working and the option to apply for flexible working from day one, career breaks, and up to a weeks special leave a year to help you manage unexpected life events
- Various colleague networks including neurodiversity, LGBTQ+ and BAME
- Ongoing CPD Through our brand new ‘Elevate’ programme, we work with experts from across the country to bring high-quality
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
04 May 2023
105 Nelson Road
This training role is within an NHS Talking Therapies service provider. The roleinvolves learning how to work with people experiencing common mental healthproblems via the telephone, computerised cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), viavideo call or in person. The post-holder will work within the talking therapies serviceproviding these interventions whilst training for this role.
The role will train you to provide a range of psychotherapeutic and social interventions,appropriate to the band of the role, and help you to develop a working knowledge of thevoluntary sector as well as an understanding of the needs of carers and family. Therole will require you to attend all taught and self-study days and work in the service theremaining days using your newly developed skills. On successful completion of thecourse and all requirements this will lead you to a permanent position in the serviceworking as a trained psychological Wellbeing Practitioner.
You will work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, usinginterpreters when necessary and should be committed to equal opportunities.
The post holder will ensure that our services are provided in a way that is consistentwith our values, supporting and promoting an organisational culture that values:compassion, accountability, respect, excellence, and innovation.
- Evidence of recent study either in an education/workplace setting OR proven track record of working with people experiencing a common mental health problem anxiety or depression).
- Ability to update and maintain high quality records in a timely manner.
- Confident using Microsoft words packages and ability to learn and use new database / diary management software.
- Willing to suggest new ways of working that will improve how the service is ran and its development.
- Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality. Ability to work within a team and foster good working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally (face to face, via telephone) and written (with the ability to write clearly, concisely and sensitively).
- GCSEs, grade C/4 or above in Maths and English (Alternatively, Functional
- Skills Level 2 in Maths and English) *NB. Evidence of certificates are required prior interview. Without this we would be unable to progress the application.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Apprentice Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally