We’re looking for a kind, compassionate and resilient Domiciliary Care Worker to join our Homelessness service in London. No personal care or experience is required, just the right values.
Between £23,019.00-£24,000.00 per annum, working 40 hours per week. Benefits include 25 days Annual Leave, pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
Want to feel like you’re part of one team? You’ll feel at home here.
Making you feel at home here means helping you thrive in every way. That’s why we offer a wide range of benefits, award-winning Learning & Development and a culture that welcomes all. These aren’t token gestures – we’ve thought long and hard about how best to support our team. After all, our people are doing something amazing: helping to transform lives every day.
Domiciliary Care worker will provide care to customers living within the homeless sector. The care worker will work across the services, supporting both male and female customers with complex needs. This includes health, mobility, alcohol dependency, mental health and substance misuse. Care worker role is to support a customer to maintain a Standard of Living/health needs, including domestic tasks.
All care support should be done in a manner which encourages customers to work towards a maximum degree of independence.
This role requires a valid Right to Work for the UK as Look Ahead are not a sponsoring organisation.
What you’ll do:
– To help customers with mobility difficulties, or any other physical difficulties, including incontinence To help in the use of aids and other personal equipment
– Accompany to Shopping.
– To wash clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary.
– Assist and encourage the management of health-related conditions such as dietary and fluid intake
– General domestic tasks including changing beds, taking out rubbish and the general up keeping of customers rooms. This may include supporting customers to dispose of sharps safely in sharps boxes
– Respect the confidential nature of the work
– Ensure that different cultural needs are catered for sensitively
– Customers’ dignity, personal hygiene and comfort is maintained at all times
– To complete daily records of care provided to customers.
– To undertake any other reasonable duties specified by management
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
– The ability to handle emergency situations
– Ability to work on own initiative
– Good interpersonal skills
– Effective verbal communication skills
– To provide feedback to the staff team
– Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
– Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
– Prefers working as part of a group or team
– Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
– Is persistent and encouraging with excellent persuasion skills when customers are reluctant to engage
What you’ll bring:
– Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
– Ability to keep written records in clear English about the care and support given to each customer including help with medicines
– Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own
– Commitment to non discriminatory care practice
– Understanding of the support requirements of customers with complex needs
– Previous experience as a care worker NVQ level 2 or equivalent
Look Ahead is a dynamic, leading, not-for-profit care and support provider in London and the South East. As an organisation we deliver over 110 services, providing support to around 7000 customers each year. We work across mental health, homelessness, young people and learning disabilities so there are plenty of opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
Look Ahead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk, and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We are a proud member of the Employers Domestic Abuse Covenant and encourage applications from a diverse range of applicants of all backgrounds.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Domiciliary Care Worker job in London Borough of Brent, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally