£32,000 per annum, working 28 hours per week. Benefits include 25 days Annual Leave, pension schemes, staff discounts, healthcare and career progression.
This role is a one year Fixed Term Contract.
Want to feel like you’re making a difference? You’ll feel at home here.
Making you feel at home here means helping you thrive in every way. That’s why we offer a wide range of benefits, award-winning Learning & Development and a culture that welcomes all. These aren’t token gestures – we’ve thought long and hard about how best to support our team. After all, our people are doing something amazing: helping to transform lives every day.
This role requires a valid Right to Work for the UK as Look Ahead are not a sponsoring organisation.
Look Ahead supports thousands of people across London and the South East with a diverse range of needs including mental health, young people, learning disabilities and homelessness, helping them to make individual choices, achieve goals and take control of their own lives by providing tailor-made support, care and accommodation services.
To support the drive for innovation and evidence generation within our homelessness services, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to work within a small Business Development team. The postholder would, primarily lead a London-wide piece of work on the prevention of chaotic use of NHS/healthcare services by people experiencing homelessness and complex needs in London. We know that people using our homeless services have disproportionally high levels of:
* COPD – circa 15% compared with 1% of population
* Heart problems – circa 8% compared with 2% of population
* Chaotic service use, with high levels of blue light services including ambulance use in homelessness services
However, there is a lack of evidence based and mainstreamed physical health interventions known to the sector. Once customers move into complex needs services, there is often unrecognised palliative care needs and they do not receive the level of health or social care input they require. This can mean that they are often prevented getting the services they need and develop increasingly poor physical health as a result. Look Ahead, and other organisations, help homeless people by running multiple, high impact physical health interventions, such as palliative care like services and nursing in reach. However, we often struggle to generate meaningful evidence for the scale of these services, as do other providers across London.
The purpose of this role would be to both support Look Ahead internally to develop its physical health services and make the external case for their spread and scale.
What you’ll do:
– Create a business case regarding need and intervention from existing evidence
– Support two Look Ahead services to make best use of healthcare worker and navigator roles, including developing links with health structures and access to NHS data
– Work alongside two Look Ahead homeless services to carry out additional evaluation work to support the case for more health interventions
– Compile the above and launch/influence for wider programme of work across London
– Generate a list of key stakeholders that hold influence in homeless health care, e.g. ICS, DHLUC, NHS Trusts, GLA, local authorities, primary care
In addition to the above core responsibilities, the post holder would be expected to be:
– Responsible for ensuring business risks are mitigated and/or escalated appropriately through Look Ahead’s governance channels
– Contribute to and support tender exercises coordinated by other members of the business development team
– Proactively source business development opportunities and developing creative ideas and service models alongside operational managers and customers
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
– A genuine interest in housing and social care and a commitment to Look Ahead’s mission
– Imaginative and resourceful – able to contribute to the development of new ideas for services
– A passion for homelessness services, especially the improvement of physical health of people experiencing homelessness
– Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with internal and external contacts
– Prefers working as part of a group or team
– Be comfortable with numbers and data, including using basic excel functions
– Be comfortable with Powerpoint
– Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, particularly in terms of working under pressure and responding to multiple and competing demands on your time
– Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
– Enjoys working with a wide range of people
– Excellent attention to detail
– Experience of working with numbers and complex calculations
What you’ll bring:
– Eligible to live and work in the UK
– Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
– Experience of homelessness services, either through working in them or using them
– Able to write clearly and persuasively, Able to think strategically and creatively and articulate innovative ideas
– Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, word, excel, powerpoint
Please see our website for the full job description.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Project Manager – Homelessness job in Westminster, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally