Accommodation & Lettings Officer
Pay Rate: £10.32 p/hr
Start Date: Mon, 15 May 2023
End Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023
Its full time working role at the office- hybrid working will be introduced once the postholder is proficient in the role.
* We are looking for someone who has good admin skills with attention to detail as a large part of the role is data entry; inputting housing applications, creating rent accounts and creating contracts to name a few.
* The role will support the Accommodation & Lettings Team, in the housing needs & advice section, in the provision and management of temporary accommodation for the homeless and the allocation of social housing.
* You will be responsible for allocating social housing in accordance with the allocation policy, verifying housing applications and understanding the demand for future housing developments.
* You will also be responsible for the administrative functions
* You will arrange emergency housing for homeless households within a variety of temporary accommodation provision
* You will be responsible for managing the waiting list for temporary accommodation and the move on requirements within the accommodation provision.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Has knowledge & relevant experience of allocating social housing via a housing scheme
* Is confident and is a strong verbal and written communicator and has an attention to detail.
* Has general office experience and an understanding of working within a busy front line service.
* Is customer focused and able to demonstrate consistently high standards of customer service.
* Has a good level of IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications
* Has a good standard of numeracy and literacy skills.
* Is proactive & highly motivated with the ability to work quickly, accurately and consistently when under pressure.
* Has good interpersonal and team working skills and has experience of working in a front line service.
The Next Stage:
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Accommodation & Lettings Officer job in Portsmouth, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally