Are you a Senior Systems Engineer passionate about supporting whole lifecycle projects from concept, new product development and product updates through to production support and retirement…. If so, this could be your opportunity to join a truly global brand.
Working from our Hemel Hempstead Production site, this is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team to facilitate product growth and development. As a senior contributor, you will be managing multiple projects utilising specialist subcontractors / analysis software as required, to deliver in a fast moving development environment.
Why work at Smiths
· Our people are an essential part of our success, and we believe in a fair and equitable workplace, where you enjoy being at work and your efforts to deliver for our customers are both recognized
· We’re committed to employing talented people and enabling them to reach their full potential. We’ll work with you to help you be your best. And to achieve your career goals.
· Our internal development programmes help you learn the business and build knowledge on key areas such as ethics, safety and unconscious bias
· Our people are our sustainable source of competitive advantage. Their hard work and passion brings our business to life. We seek to reward colleagues for their contributions and enable them to share in our success
· Flexible working optional
· Diverse culture
We offer enhanced family friendly working styles and benefits to help our employees balance their lives and careers. We may have roles where you could benefit from flexible working too! Visit Smiths Detection Careers http://www.smithsdetectionjobs.net/en/job-search/job-search.aspx for full details on the opportunities we have available, and where appropriate, we’d be more than happy to discuss your situation at application stage.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Development of high quality, high demand products sold into a regulated environment.
· Act as a focal point for Systems engineering activities including requirements capture, architectural design, system compliance, design and legislative compliance
· Produce Systems schedule detailing the support activities to be undertaken during the new product design cycle.
· Manage multiple projects utilising specialist subcontractors as required to deliver in a fast-moving development environment
· Develop ongoing informal & formal review of the environmental, safety and operational health of the design.
· Preparation of logistics support information such as Reliability studies, Maintainability & Safety aspects.
· Collaborate as a team member to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
· Estimating tasks and executing work packages within defined scope and budget.
· Technical product support to manufacturing & service
· Actively communicate with senior members within the local engineering team, other disciplines within the department and the wider Smiths Detection community to facilitate the work of the company.
· Responsible for personal health & safety of all that may be affected by your activities, to arrange appropriate risk assessments whilst working internally & externally for Smiths Detection.
You must be qualified in a Software, Electronics, Mechanical or Systems Engineering discipline to degree level or equivalent. We require a collaborative team worker who is individually motivated working well without supervision, and committed to deadlines. Positive mind-set with enthusiasm to succeed is essential.
· You will have a good working knowledge of Systems Engineering techniques including Requirements management, SysML & Use Cases.
· Have an up to date overview of environmental regulations compliance and ESOH awareness
· You must have managed and supervised the work from external technology partners and SMEs related to ILS activities
· Results focused in order to achieve development schedule.
· Work easily across cross-functional project teams and has a good understanding and experience of the Engineering life cycle.
· Be a clear communicator, innovator, and analyser.