- Providing accommodation and support for people who have experience of being long term street homeless with alcohol misuse issues.
- Building trust and respect from Service Users and deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner.
- Working with service users to maintain good standards of tidiness, cleanliness and hygiene, including communal areas.
- Supporting service users to maintain cleanliness in their own environment, by encouraging them to take responsibility for laundry and cleaning tasks for example.
- To liaise with stakeholders, external agencies and other voluntary organisations that may be supportive to service user needs
- Ensure all quality assurance policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To be a contributing team player, taking part in handovers, team meetings, core training, mentoring Volunteers and supporting other team members in ensuring all decision making is appropriate and consistent.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1 years paid experience, or 2 years volunteering experience, working with vulnerable adults with complex needs.
- 3 GCSEs A to C to include Maths and English or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management processes.
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and the ability to network/liaise with all relevant bodies.