Employment Coach (HMP Aylesbury) – Full Time, Permanent – Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire – 35 hours per week – £23,316.00 – £26,000.00 per annum.
- Training opportunities and career development.
- Flexible working.
- Simply Health Cashback Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Crisis Loan Scheme.
- Electric Car Scheme.
- 3 x Wellbeing Days (pro rata’d for part time employees)
- Access to Blue Light Card.
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter.
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
The Forward Trust is a leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment services to offenders in the UK. Our mission is to help individuals break free from addiction and crime by offering effective treatment and recovery support in prisons and the community. We are dedicated to providing access to support that protects health and motivates individuals toward their own recovery journey.
Role Overview – Employment Coach (HMP Aylesbury):
In this rewarding position, your responsibilities will encompass mentoring and equipping learners, clients, and job seekers for diverse employment and apprenticeship positions within the world of work.
Responsibilities – Employment Coach (HMP Aylesbury):
- Evaluate the requirements of learners and job seekers, comprehending their challenges, career ambitions, skillsets, areas for improvement, potential job roles, and possibilities for skill enrichment.
- Deliver exceptional information, advice, and guidance to clients/learners regarding our employability initiatives.
- Onboard, assess, and guide learners/job seekers through the initiation process.
- Formulate customized action plans / Individual Learning Records (ILRs) / Personalized Learning Plans (PLPs) for all referred learners/clients, and provide support and motivation for the execution of these plans.
- Assist learners/job seekers in securing employment or work experiences, including aiding them in crafting CVs/applications, searching for job openings, and preparing for interviews.
- Maintain ongoing and regular communication, along with in-role support, for learners/job seekers at predetermined intervals.
- Proficient in delivering assistance with CV creation, job search, and interview preparation to learners/job seekers facing challenges such as ex-offender backgrounds, at-risk of offending, NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training), and unemployment.
- Experienced in delivering high quality coaching support that facilitates learners’ attainment of employment and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Skilled in fostering a learner’s/job seeker’s self-assurance, self-worth, and drive, enabling them to excel in their employment/career growth.
- Skilled in coordinating interviews with employers and obtaining candidate feedback through effective communication.
- Able to identify skills and qualities in a learner to match appropriately with vacancies.
- Possess the knowhow to progress learners and job seekers into apprenticeships and employment as well as sustaining them in these.
- Previous involvement in the social enterprise field.
- Familiarity and comprehension of services for offenders, as well as substance misuse and recovery programs.
- IAG Level 4 or Employability Practitioner Level 4 Apprenticeship.
The Forward Trust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds. We actively encourage applications from individuals with lived experience of addiction and the criminal justice system.