- The Job Mentor will recruit and case load clients from selected target groups on an individual basis. The broad aim of the initiatives is to provide specialist employability support to people wishing to return or enter the labour market.
- Liaise with local Jobcentre, SSA and community organisations etc. to market the programmes and to encourage referrals.
- Gain a working knowledge of both Department programmes and services and the Social Security Benefits system where it relates to customer eligibility for training schemes etc.
- Design and deliver targeted pre-employment training programmes for Jobseekers, to maximise their preparedness for specific and non-specific vacancies.
- Manage the customer journey undertaking induction, assessment, and Personal Progression Planning activities with clients.
- Manage a caseload of clients, reviewing their progress towards employment and maintaining engagement to achieve personal and team targets.
- Identify clients needs and signpost to third party provision, where appropriate.
- Source and manage working relationships with third party providers, complementary provision, and employers.
- Deliver employability interventions on a one to one or group basis including workshop sessions.
- Consult with both clients and employers to identify any in-employment support required.
- Conduct job-search support to individuals and groups to achieve the target number of employment outcomes.
- Advise, guide, and match clients to employment opportunities.
- Support in the process of evaluating the experience of individuals and employers on completing or leaving a programme. Identify success stories and collect appropriate information to use in promotional material.
- Communicate effectively with clients who have diverse needs, e.g., learning difficulties, mental health problems, ex-offenders etc.
- Manage own professional development and undertake necessary training as identified in performance reviews.
- Always adhere to the companys policies and procedures, including but not limited to Equal Opportunities, Quality, Health and Safety, Information Security, and IT.
- Compliance with live self-evaluation processes and contribution to quality improvement planning to ISEF standards.
- Ensure a professional and positive working relationship with internal and external customers and continually strive to exceed customer expectations.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 GCSEs including Maths and English Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- A qualification in counselling or career guidance or at least 12 months experience of working with job seekers in a counselling or career advice role.
- Driving Licence.
- Project management experience.
- Computer Literacy.
- Recruitment Background.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Job Mentor job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally