As an Assistant Team Leader, you will work closely with the Team Leader to provide leadership and guidance to your team, ensuring that they deliver high-quality and effective services to reduce repeat homelessness and improve outcomes for vulnerable adults and homeless patients. You will contribute to the completion of staff one to ones, monitor the quality of support and housing management, and performance manage relief staff. You will also ensure that your team has adequate staffing, considering leave and training. You will foster a culture of continuous improvement within your services and be responsible for attending and completing mandatory and other required training, development, and online courses. You will also provide line management for the Support Administration post, and direction, support, and coaching to the staff team, promoting and supporting their ongoing professional development.
Assistant Team Leader Requirements:
- Demonstrate understanding and skills which are compatible with managing a supported housing service or relevant management/ leadership role, including experience of leading, managing, and motivating staff.
- Up to date knowledge of Safeguarding and Protection from Abuse strategies as they relate to children, young people, and adults, with the ability to identify risk, and support the Team Leader to embed this within the team..
- Understanding of the causes of homelessness and social exclusion for vulnerable adults, and homeless patients.
- Knowledge of housing legislation relating to licenses, tenancies, and court proceedings.
- Experience of monitoring and reporting on service performance, identifying trends, and proactively steering teams to celebrate success and address gaps in performance.
- Experience of delivering services in line with quality assurance, health and safety compliance, and Data Protection (1998) legislation and frameworks.
- Ability to support the Team Leader to build a strong, cohesive, and effective team.
Assistant Team Leader Benefits:
- £26,776 per annum
- 25 days annual holiday rising to 30 days.
- Paid day off for your birthday each year.
- Access to training and career development through Elim Skills Academy
- Flexible working
- Company pension.
- Life Assurance.
- Health cash plan, which includes discounts to a wide range of shops and services.
- Free onsite car parking
About the company:
Elim Housing Association is a provider of housing and support services in the West of England and Gloucestershire, our vision is ‘to meet housing need and deliver homes that change people’s lives’. Elim’s aim for its customers is to ensure that the housing and services Elim provide serve as a platform for growth, facilitating all our customers to achieve their aspirations. In this way, we make our homes truly life changing by ensuring that our service has a positive impact long after a person has left Elim accommodation.
Don’t miss this chance to join our amazing team and make a difference in the lives of people who need your help. If you have the skills, experience, and passion for this role, we want to hear from you. Apply now and start your rewarding career with us.
We are continuously developing our inclusive, values-driven culture that welcomes and embraces the diversity of our staff and customers. We are keen to increase our own diversity and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
Closing Date: 18th September 2023
Interview Date: 25th September 2023
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Assistant Team Leader job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally