Take a step forward and let Edenred surprise you.
Every day, we deliver innovative solutions to improve the life of millions of people, connecting employees, companies, and merchants all around the world.
We know there are hundred ways for you to grow. With us, you will expand your skills in a multicultural, challenging, and dynamic environment.
Dare to join Edenred and get ready to thrive in a global company that will offer you endless opportunities.
Senior Cloud Platform Engineer (AWS)
Hybrid – Swindon, Wiltshire or Paddington, London
Salary – £65,000 – £75,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Reporting to – Lead Cloud Platform Engineer / Head of Cloud Platforms
This is an exciting time to be joining Edenred PayTech, as we continue developing and growing our Cloud Platforms team across the UK and Europe. This role will be a critical part of that transformation and strongly influence our cloud adoption journey as we accelerate the migration programme.
The Senior Cloud Platform Engineer will be reporting to our Lead Cloud Platforms Engineer, and working with both highly experienced and junior cloud engineers, Solution Architects, and other colleagues to deliver a world-class cloud platform solution to the company along with developing and building strong cloud talents across the organisation. We are looking for a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer who will act as an SME with strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills, who will help enable the wider teams to make better use of the public cloud.
Youll be using a full range of AWS technologies, designing, and building platforms to support them. The Ideal candidate will enjoy problem-solving, possess an agile mindset and well-developed emotional intelligence, and will be a true evangelist of Cloud technologies.
Please note, you will require full UK working rights, and to be located within the United Kingdom.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating with the Lead Engineers and delivery teams, to define and deliver the required AWS capability for a given project/initiative
- Creating and testing IaC (Infrastructure as Code) using Terraform
- Contributing and championing the Cloud Platforms CoE, identifying and promoting improvements to processes, tools, and standards
- Supporting our cloud customers during deployment and onboarding, playing a front-line role in resource management and information security within the cloud environment
- Training teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives
- Managing our cloud environments in line with company policy
- Designing and building web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle
What we want from you:
- Certified AWS Cloud Practitioner & Solution Architect
- AWS Infrastructure and Applications design, management, and implementation
- Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet or Ansible
- Building, deploying, and managing container technologies such as Docker and ECS
- Creating and managing CI/CD pipelines in containerised microservices environment.
- Experience with one, or more, of the following; Java, Python, Go or Scripting (Groovy/Shell)
- Experience working with Infrastructure and Development teams to deliver platforms into production environments
- Understand serverless technologies
- Experience working in a DevOps and Agile environment
- Cloud migration and project experience
- Expertise in working on complex AWS solutions
- Working in a PCI-DSS compliant environment would be highly beneficial, or another highly regulated industry background
- Involved in design and deployment of multitude of cloud services on AWS stack such as EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, while focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Setup AWS infrastructure monitoring through CloudWatch and application performance monitoring through App Dynamics.
Why Edenred PayTech?
We are a subsidiary of the Edenred group and a Mastercard Principal Member, and an FCA Electronic Money Institution, offering a range of cutting-edge services including Payment Processing, UK and SEPA banking solutions, BIN sponsorship, and eWallet provisions.
We work with various clients across Challenger Banking (Monese, Tide, Anytime, and more), Corporate Benefits (Fuel cards, restaurant tickets), and Retail and Travel services (Sainsburys, TUI, Argos).
As an Edenred PayTech employee, you will get the support and structure that you need to enjoy your work and develop your career while doing what you love and making a difference in a fast-paced and innovative business.
What you will get:
·25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (5 days extra added at 5 years continuous service, followed by 1 extra day per year for 5 years, equating to 35 days in total)
·Hybrid working environment with 3 days per week in the office (flexibility on role-by-role basis)
·Life insurance (4x salary)
·Wellbeing Employee Assistance Program (extended access to family members)
·Employee discount shopping platform
·Digital learning platform
·Complimentary fruit and other in-office snacks & refreshments
·Pension Scheme employer 6% with minimum employee contribution 3%
·Discretionary bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
·Holiday trading scheme (buy or sell up to 5 days)
·Medical & international travel cover (leisure and action sports)
·Monthly gym allowance
·Employee referral bonus scheme
·Season ticket loan
·Cycle to Work scheme
Edenred UK and PPS are proud to be an equal-opportunity employers. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
Edenred PayTech and Payment Solutions maintain a strict preferred supplier list (PSL), which is managed centrally by our Talent Acquisition Lead. The PSL is reviewed on a yearly basis, and we will not accept unsolicited CVs submitted from any supplier outside of the PSL. If an unsolicited CV is subsequently hired, we will not accept liability for any fees incurred. We ask you refrain from contacting our hiring managers directly with profiles, and all requests for engagement are made to .