About the role
Are you interested in supporting homeless individuals and preparing them for a smooth transition from temporary to settled accommodation? If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Crawley Homes Division as a Hostels Officer, managing our temporary accommodation sites and residents.
This role will cover the essential responsibilities of overseeing licensees in temporary accommodation and handling all aspects of the daily management of hostels, including rent collection.
We offer the option of flexible work hours and location. After completing your training, you’ll have the flexibility to work some days from our newly established Town Hall office and from your home.
We provide support and training, equipping you with the skills to tackle challenges independently and manage a designated set of hostel rooms.
You should have:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable clients in social housing or homelessness, along with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Understanding of the multiple needs of residents in temporary accommodation as well as the ability to identify defects and initiate repairs while managing our hostel sites.
- Experience of working in a demanding and challenging role.
- Successful experience of teamwork, and the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and to manage our hostel sites.
We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible, as we may close this advert before the stated closing date if enough applications are received.
Satisfactory completion of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check (DBS) with barred list will be a condition of employment.
A full current UK driving licence with the use of a suitable vehicle will be required.
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
We offer a generous employee , with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Our way of working
Our shared reflect the special nature of our council. We encourage all colleagues to put them into practice, whatever job they do. Take a look to see if we are the perfect match.
Crawley Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Hostels Officer job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally