£66,000* up to £90,200* – This isn’t an ordinary job. This is an extraordinary experience.’
At the heart of turning our ambitious expansion plans into reality lies our dynamic Property department and playing a critical role in securing this prosperous future is our talented Acquisition team.
Responsible for the management and expansion of our portfolio across a patch which includes South London, you will be involved in the full asset lifecycle from initial site identification, negotiation and acquisition of land/sites, responsible for leading a professional team through the planning process obtaining satisfactory consents, through to supporting the construction phase and ongoing asset management. You will be developing relationships with key third parties along the way such as landlords, tenants, local authorities, subject experts, agents and developers to name a few.
Based out of our regional property office in Morden London, you can expect and look forward to ownership of the full development and planning processes from concept to completion, which means exceptional communication and negotiation skills are crucial, as is the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines!
“To keep in Line with company structure this role will be called Senior Acquisitions Consultant internally”
What you’ll do
- Identifying, negotiating and acquiring freehold and leasehold deals to build new stores – you will enjoy creating opportunities.
- Undertake site inspections, development appraisals, manage site, legal and planning due diligence on all opportunities.
- Manage planning applications life cycle from original submission, through to consent and discharge of conditions
- Ownership/leading all expansion, relocation and improvement projects to our current infrastructure
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with local authorities, agents, landlords, tenants and developers
- Driving the full development and planning process from initial concept to final completion
- Real estate management of our freehold and leasehold assets
What you’ll need
- A self-starting drive to succeed, a get up and go attitude.
- Degree-level education (2:1 minimum) ideally in a relevant discipline
- Ideally, MRICS (or working towards) with experience in acquisitions, land buying, commercial property or town planning
- A well networked individual with refined negotiating skills
- Sound commercial property and legal acumen
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A highly analytical mind
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- A full driving licence and the flexibility to travel throughout the UK
What you’ll receive
This isn’t getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the extensive training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We’re proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £66,000 with the potential to earn up to £90,200* (depending on experience) with 35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata) plus company car. We also recognise that different people value different benefits, based on different lifestyles and needs, which is why we offer arrange of additional benefits including but not limited to:
- On-site Car Parking (including electric charging)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- 10% in-store discount card
To find out a Lidl bit more visit our benefits page to see for yourself!
*includes 10% non-contractual London Weighting allowance
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company’s receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.