With an ever-growing portfolio of stores, our London Estates Senior Consultant plays a critical role in future proofing, modernising and managing our complex store portfolio, working within our dynamic Property Department.
Responsible for the management of our London store portfolio, you will be involved in the asset management of the existing store portfolio, as well as day to day management, through to largescale redevelopment projects, from concept and planning through to delivery.
You will develop important relationships with internal Lidl stakeholders as well as key third parties along the way such as landlords, tenants and local authorities.
Working in a unique environment like ours, you can expect and look forward to taking ownership of important projects from initial concept all the way to completion, which means exceptional communication and negotiation skills are crucial, as is the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines!
What you’ll do
- Real estate and property management of freehold and leasehold assets
- Design and implementation of modernisation and extension projects
- Managing planning applications from original submission to authorisation
- Negotiating and agreeing lease renewals, regears and lease breaks across leasehold portfolio
- Responsible for disposal of both freehold and leasehold surplus land, including residential
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with landlords and tenants
- Working closely with the facilities management to ensure implementation of major projects to trading stores.
- Supporting all property teams and sales colleagues in wide variety of property matters
What you’ll need
- Degree-level education (2:2 minimum) in a relevant real estate discipline
- Ideally, MRICS (or working towards) and experience in estate management, property management and planning
- Refined negotiating skills
- Sound commercial acumen
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and team player
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A highly analytical mind
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- A full driving licence and the flexibility to travel throughout the UK
What you’ll receive
This isn’t getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the extensive training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We’re proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £66,000 with the potential to earn up to £90,200* (depending on experience) with 35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata) plus company car. We also recognise that different people value different benefits, based on different lifestyles and needs, which is why we offer arrange of additional benefits including but not limited to:
- On-site Car Parking (including electric charging)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- 10% in-store discount card
To find out a Lidl bit more visit our benefits page to see for yourself!
*includes 10% non-contractual London Weighting allowance
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company’s receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.