Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
About the team
The WPG Proactive team has 20 engineers located in our Cambridge and India offices. We employ Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices to consistently improve the stability and reliability of our Worldwide Payment Gateway (WPG) eCommerce platform. We utilise elements of Agile in every day working and conduct PI planning events to layout the roadmap on a monthly cadence. There is a great collaboration spirit in the team as they continually mentor and cross train each other to ensure everyone succeeds.
What you will be doing
You will be involved in deploying application updates to the production environment and joining the cross-functional team undertaking maintenance activities on the live eCommerce platform. You will utilise your technical skills to create and implement improvements to the tools we use and to the platforms we support. You will continuously look to identify ways the team can operate more efficiently and highlight opportunities to automate manual tasks.
• Coordination & implementation of maintenance tasks in the production environment, ensuring good communication to key stakeholders throughout.
• Be involved during PI planning, including offering suggestions on ways to tackle the problem statement.
• Working on improvement items to the platform using combination of Linux scripts, SQL scripts and Java coding changes.
• Participating in testing SRE improvements from other team members, and support team members while they test your SRE improvements.
• Take an active role in knowledge transfer sessions.
What you bring:
• Industry experience writing SQL statements for Oracle databases; writing scripts on a Linux OS; practical hands-on experience using Java development language.
• Not being afraid to push yourself outside your comfort zone. Our team will help and ensure you succeed in any task you undertake.
• Being curious, self-sufficient and prepared to take the time to learn. And equally not being afraid to ask for guidance when stuck.
• You take pride in your work and encourage others to do the same.
• You have a flexible approach and can adapt as the business priorities change.
Added bonus if you have:
• Experience of ITIL Service Management practices.
• Experience of eCommerce payment industry
• Experience using web services, preferably tomcat + Apache
What we offer you
•A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
•The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
•A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
•Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally