At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This is a post required to support the development and execution of Safety Management System Promotion and Training throughout BDUK
The BDUK SMS Promotion and Training Support role supports the SMS P&T Lead in providing SMS Promotion and Training throughout BDUK
- Assist the SMS P&T Lead in the BDUK SMS and HF Training courses design, development and continuous improvement.
- Assist the SMS P&T Lead in planning and the delivery of BDUK SMS and HF Training courses.
- Support the SMS P&T Lead’s engagement with the Boeing Enterprise over SMS training standards and design creation.
- Support the SMS P&T Lead to create and deliver specialist SMS training, initial HF and continuation training to support SMS team competency
- Assist the SMS P&T Lead mentor Human Factors Facilitators and SMS Instructors to maintain HF and SMS training delivery standards
- Assist the SMS P&T Lead with the creation and delivery of the SMS Communication Strategy / Plan
- Working with the SMS P&T Lead, BDUK Corporate Communications team and the Boeing Enterprise SMS Promotion and Training teams, deputising for the SMS P&T Lead when required.
- Assist the SMS P&T Lead to create SMS feedback and promotion material templates and standards to enable it to be delivered through appropriate mediums
- Working with the Reporting Lead and MSOs to identify organisational safety trends and develop appropriate SMS promotion strategies
- Assist the SMS P&T Lead to monitor and develop SMS culture metrics to assess and evaluate positive safety culture development and sustainment
- Assist the SMS P&T Lead to develop and analyse Safety Culture Surveys
- Assist the SMS P&T Lead to engage with Programme Safety Officials to facilitate effective tiered communication and promotion strategies.
- Conduct Safety Investigations in support of BDUK SMS development when required.
Travel within the UK is expected and some overseas travel may be required
• Formally qualified Human Factors Facilitator-Instructor, to Civil or Military Standard.
• Appropriate instructional and facilitation experience, ideally in HF or SMS training disciplines.
• Formal Safety Management Systems training and experience.
• The candidate should possess strong communication skills, safety training skills and demonstrate the ability to use common IT and project management concepts/tools.
• The role will have significant customer, supplier and wider Boeing interfaces and, therefore, a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is essential.
• Qualified operational experience in flying, engineering or support activities in the aviation industry.
• Previous industry experience in the application of current MAA or other regulatory safety requirements.
• Demonstrate the ability to take the initiative and work unsupervised on the planning of work.
• Ability to effectively identify and execute opportunities to improve strategies, processes and project plans.
• Demonstrate the ability to achieve successful interactions across multi-discipline teams
• Appropriate course development and/or design experience, ideally DSAT or similar discipline.
• Completed or working towards a formal qualification in Safety Management.
• HF or CRM Examiner or Instructor experience, ideally in a military environment
• Formal instructional or mentoring qualifications e.g. Level 3 CTLL or ILM L5 mentoring
• Experience using the MoD’s ASIMS/DASORs or equivalent safety reporting systems
• Investigator experience undertaking MEDA or other relevant incident/event investigation standards
• All information provided will be checked and may be verified
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally