Job Profile Summary
Responsible for providing comprehensive advice to businesses on funding issues including cash flow management, operational, financial and reputational risk, and the Group’s corporate financial framework, using advanced technical capabilities in structuring corporate and project finance transactions alongside BP’s economic evaluation methodology.
We are looking for several people to join our newly re-structured Commercial Funding team! It’s a great opportunity for individuals with the relevant financing, commercial experience and skills to work at the heart of an international corporate Treasury, leading the delivery of a wide variety of ambitious and engaging funding solutions to enable the bp Group and business strategy.
You may be involved in internal capital structure management (debt and equity funding, tax principles, dividends, legal entity formation and dissolution); joint venture management; provision of bp credit support (guarantees, Letters of Credit); certain pre- and post-closing advice and treasury support of M&A activity; external funding (project finance, asset leases, working capital and trade finance); and the assurance of large and complex cases. You will lead, influence and coordinate activity of virtual teams of internal and external partners in the arrangement and execution of funding. These supported projects and funding typically range from $50m to several billion dollars.
Support the structuring, execution of funding and advisory support to the Businesses
- Deliver flexible, competitive, and innovative funding and credit support for the Businesses, principally through the structuring and arrangement of asset (lease) finance, secured financing in support of Group liquidity, project finance and other structured financing
- Provide financial structuring and advisory to support the M&A transactions related to the Businesses and assurance to the Group CFO
- Collaborate with Tax and other Functions to manage corporate structure, the funding, and the dividends of the assigned legal entities through which the Businesses conduct their activities around the world
- Build relationships with external financial institutions, including key relationship banks and multi laterals
- Build knowledge of financial market structures and implement financial frameworks which provide clear boundaries for managing financial risks and exposures
- Support the collection and analysis of funding activity data for the transformation of commercial funding into data-aligned organisation
Performance manage the activity set to
- Ensure reward and risk balance is transparent, and options, trade-offs and recommendations are considered within the context of the Group Financial Framework and the Group’s Financial Decision-Making Architecture
- Provide innovation and thought leadership in support of areas of responsibility
- Champion bp Treasury policies and resolve the inherent tensions between bp’s business line and Treasury objectives and align toward effective solutions
- Ensure compliance with Group and Treasury governance processes
We seek individuals with a commercial approach, an effective relationship builder and negotiator who can work with globally diverse teams and influence without authority. You should be a self-starter with excellent project management skills, able to bring clarity to ambiguous situations and guide a way forward.
The ideal candidate will have a finance degree, a good understanding of corporate finance theory, domestic/international trade and project financing sources and structures, economic evaluation methodologies, risk and risk management tools and/or data analytics. You will have knowledge of various underlying contractual frameworks and the impact of commercial contracts on the bankability of projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.
Job Family Group
Join us in a crucial time of transition. We are bringing all of our finance and procurement activities for the group into one place, enabling better work.
For you this means working with us on:
Compliance – efficiently delivering external reporting requirements to ensure we continue to meet our regulatory obligations in all jurisdictions, supported by robust control environment across all three lines of defence.
Stewardship – laying out a robust finance framework and providing ongoing management of the balance sheet and portfolio execution, supported by effective advocacy to the market.
Performance – facilitating the effective allocation of capital, development of business plans and coordination of business performance interventions to ensure a consistent delivery between strategic aspirations, operational forecasts and delivered outcomes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for value creation through mergers and acquisition-led deals, commercial negotiations and integration of business opportunities.
Transformation – driving digital transformation (centralising, digitising, optimising) across all elements of the finance entity to achieve sector-leading cost-performance.